As you all know, we are switching to the 4+1 schedule in July 2014. Faris had given us an overview about that earlier (click here). During the last PD/APD/Resident meeting, he gave us a show and tell, walking us through the making-of, the ups and the downs of this transition.
In summary, we are expecting the following changes:
- DRH floors will have 4 teams instead of 5
- VA floors, 3 teams instead of 4
- HA floors will have 2 teams, but each team will include 2 seniors only, no interns
- Night float will be 3 nights on, 1 night off, instead of the current 3 nights on, 2 nights off.
- There will no longer be DRH CCU… so far.
- The +1 part, which is the ambulatory part, will constitute of 5 half-day clinics, with one half day for research/QI projects, and one half-day for administrative activities.
Every attempt was made to maintain equality among residents.
Click here to listen to the audio recording of Faris explaining more about the change.
Schedules are being finalized and will be out around the beginning of June.
Change is not easy, but hopefully, we will pull through.