Save time while placing orders by adding your favorites to your Citrix menu. See below for ideas on which items are commonly used, and how to add them!
You can also place orders with pre-completed information for those orders which have required boxes (e.g. repeat lab orders, covering physician orders, etc)
Step 1. Type name of order into query
Step 2. Right-click the order you would like and select “Add to favorites”
Step 3. If it is an order which has necessary items to be completed, you can fill the boxes out and then click “Add to favorites” to have it pre-completed each time. (This also goes for labs, images, etc!)
See below for examples of important labs to save in your favorites!
Please click the link for the online NextGen Tutorials
@wayne.edu login required. Please refer to ~Lecture List Nextgen Tutorials (located in the shared folder) for a list of topics
Also, take a look at this Ambulatory EHR Manual created by Ambulatory CMR 2019-2020 Leslie Kao, MD for tips/tricks
NextGen has a steep learning curve, but once you have used it a few times, you will no doubt get the hang of it. These tutorials are by no means comprehensive. You guys will learn a lot more tips/tricks along the way, but these resources should help you get through the clinic day without issues.
Welcome to Ambulatory Clinic for the 2020-2021 Academic Year!
Please click the link for the Ambulatory Orientation Presentation
Please email me with any questions,
Nabil Al-Kourainy, MD
Chief Resident of Ambulatory Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center
Pager: 313-745-0203 ext 7305
Please see the attached link for Jeopardy Schedule.
PGY-1s: Please note that the Jeopardy schedule appears heavier for some individuals this month; this is due to some scheduling issues, and may be subject to change once those have been ironed out. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Rules for Jeopardy in Summary:
Jeopardy only needs to be activated if you are in Clinic or “on-call” on Floors (Long-call), ICU/CCU, or Night Float, AND you cannot arrange an emergent day off with your team. Pre-call is not jeopardy eligible. Interviews are not jeopardy eligible.
- Make sure you are reachable by pager or phone on your jeopardy day.
- Mark your jeopardy shifts your calendar.
- You must be able to come to the hospital within one hour of being called.
- Please notify either the JCMR or CMR as early as possible if you need to activate jeopardy. Activating jeopardy after your shift has already started is not professional.
- Make sure you have VA hospital access. Renew access every clinic week.
- No special requests for jeopardy coverage. Please find and email a switch if you have a personal conflict as per above.
- AM shift: 7 AM-8 PM; PM shift: 8 PM*-end of rounds next day (if *MICU or CCU PM shift starts at 6PM) .
- All jeopardy coverage requires payback. No exceptions.
- Please remember to call, not just text/email the Junior CMR who emailed the Jeopardy schedule for that block or the CMR at your clinic/hospital site to activate jeopardy. Jeopardy is not activated without confirmation.
Please see below for contact info for JCMR and CMRs.
Junior CMR Contact info:
Preeya Prakash 801-808-6010
CMR Contact info:
Irfan Shafi (DRH) 301-364-7277
Tushar Mishra (HUH/KCI) 646-644-6701
Mowyad Khalid (VA) 347-421-5179
Nabil Al-Kourainy (Ambulatory) 619-742-2066
As always, please email me with any questions and let me know if you find any errors in the schedule. Thank you!
Please click the link below (in green) for the clinic schedule.
Here are the schedule parameters as per program policy.
- Each resident is assigned to 5 clinic 1/2 days.
- PGY1s and PGY2s are assigned to 4 primary clinic days and 1 specialty 1/2 clinic day.
- All residents should have at least 1 Friday clinic.
- All residents should have a maximum of 5 clinic 1/2 days.
Clinic schedule PDF is searchable and contains the following contents:
- Clinic cohorts – Navigate to your cohort color and locate your name.
- Cohort Clinic Calendar – to determine which weeks of the academic year your cohort is in clinic
- Intercohort CCR Groups – to determine the residents tasks that you will be covering during your clinic week
- CCR weekly assignments – your assigned CCR week(s) for the academic year
Clinic Schedule 2020-2021 (06-29-2020)
Specialty Clinics: PGY1s and PGY2s the following policies apply to specialty clinics
- Resident will send a reminder email to their specialty attending prior to the start of each clinic week of the clinic date/shift where they will be joining the attending’s clinic
- In the event of an absence from the specialty clinic due to medical/family emergency, post-call, exam, conference etc. the resident will notify their specialty attending via phone, email or text prior to the start of clinic, preferably 24 hours ahead of time.
- Failure to complete either #1 or #2 will be considered a professionalism violation with consequences.
Clinic exchanges/switches: The following rules apply to clinic exchanges/switches
- All clinic exchange/switch requests, regardless of the reason, even if payback is not required must be submitted formally online (see link below). Requests submitted via text/WhatsApp/email/phone call will not be considered.
- Please submit requests at least 8 weeks if not sooner. Requests submitted with less than 8 weeks will be considered on an individual case basis.
- Residents are required to find coverage and determine payback date, clinic name and clinic shift prior to submitting a request. Requests that require payback without this information will not be considered.
- All requests will be reviewed by Dr. Thati. No clinic request is granted prior to receiving written approval (via email) from either CMR or Dr. Thati. Please email CMR if you do not hear back about your requested switch.
If you have questions, please review my email “[Clinic] Resident Clinic Schedule 2020-2021 AY” sent on 06/23/2020. If your question is not answered, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ICU/CCU/floors schedule from March-May changed several times due to the COVID pandemic. Harper CCU rotation was cancelled for IM residents from Mid March-May. Please see the most updated Harper ICU/CCU schedule for weeks 40-52 of the academic year 2019-2020.
HUH-Weeks 44-45 ICU
HUH-Weeks 46 ICU
HUH-Weeks-50-52 ICU & CCU
The ICU/CCU/floors schedule from March-May changed several times due to the COVID pandemic. Please see the most updated Harper floors schedule for weeks 39-52 of the academic year 2019-2020.
Please see the attached Karmanos floors schedule for weeks 36-51 of academic year 2019-2020
Attached is the DRH Block 13 call schedule for floors/NF/ICU.
Please see attached the call schedule for DRH FLOORS/NF for block 12. Also attached is the DRH orientation power-point.
2DRH orientation 2019-2020