EHR Tutorials + Guides
Please see below for tutorials for both Cerner and NextGen which require your @wayne.edu login to access.
- Click on the link to view the recorded EHR tutorial session from 06-30-2020 to access on Microsoft Stream. Click on the gear icon on the video to adjust the playback speed.
- DO NOT share this link with any non-Wayne State/DMC resident or anyone else as there is HIPAA-protected information in the training video.
- I’m also including a PDF of some online Cerner modules from DMC. Note, some of these are a bit outdated, but can be used as a reference point in the future (please click link for a list of suggested changes/corrections/missing info). The PDF is fairly comprehensive with the exception of Ambulatory Cerner workflow as well as Dragon text to speech integration.
- You will receive Dragon on-site training by the 2nd week of July of the academic year.
NextGen EHR Tutorials and Tips
- Please click the link for the online NextGen Tutorials
- Refer to ~Lecture List Nextgen Tutorials (located in the shared folder) for a list of topics
- Also, take a look at this Ambulatory EHR Manual created by Ambulatory CMR 2019-2020 Leslie Kao, MD for tips/tricks
- NextGen has a steep learning curve, but once you have used it a few times, you will no doubt get the hang of it. These tutorials are by no means comprehensive. You guys will learn a lot more tips/tricks along the way, but these resources should help you get through the clinic day without issues.
Qure4U Telemedicine App Tutorials
- Please click the link for the Qure4U training tutorials which contains PDF training materials and tutorial videos with an overview, using the UPG care manager app and using Qure4U with the Google Chrome Plugin
- For more information about Qure4U visit the Qure4U website