• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by .
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Suman Khicher

Patient adherence to the medications as well as particular lifestyle which is the primary management plan for a particular clinical condition is effected by multiple factors. First of all patient education and understanding about the benefits of particular measure has increased importance that makes the patient equal participant in their care and have better health outcome. We should always take the consideration about the social factors of the patient that can effect the adherence i.e. if patient can afford the meds, if patient has insurance and if patient has accessibility to meds e.g. if patient would be able to remember to take them if they have dementia and staying at home alone, if patient has access to go to the pharmacy to pick up his/her refills, if they can follow up with their doctors at the scheduled appointment to have the refills prescribed or if they can call the clinic for the request of the refills in their case. I have encountered all the above reasons as the causes in my patients who were admitted to the hospital with worsening of their clinical condition because they missed their medications. And then patient can be non-adherent by their choice and in this case we need to assess the root reason behind their behaviours so that better health care is achieved.

• #54493 Reply
      wsumed

The Collapsing Empire — John Scalzi — 9780765388902

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Patient adherence
Your information: