Please see the link attached for some instructional videos on NextGen. More are being uploaded at the moment. Before asking “how do I do this” in the clinic just make sure it’s not something that you can find here. Most videos are still being edited but will be up soon. Topics so far include:
- Healthcare Maintenance** – everyone should watch this to see how to properly keep a tab on all your patients. This is something new but will be enforced this year to prevent patients falling through the cracks.
- DME (ordering Walkers, Wheelchairs, Compression stockings, Diabetic supplies)
- How to make referrals
- How to order diagnostics (imaging, colonoscopy, mammogram, DEXA)
- How to order labs and add certain labs to favorites
- All office procedures (Pap/pelvic, immunizations, etc)
- How to create a new encounter if you need to address a new problem remotely
- If you order a test on a patient and the result of that test leads to a new diagnosis then you would need to create a new encounter on NextGen to address. For example, if you order STD screening and something comes back positive, you would need to call the patient to counsel to them and put in a new prescription/plan for the new problem. This is how to do it.
- Telephone encounters (returning telephone calls, without having a new problem)
- How to access NextGen from Citrix
Please leave a comment or message me if you have additional questions or would like more videos. If you have a question about how to do something, I’m sure many others have that same question.
Comments are closed