Rules for Jeopardy in Summary:
Jeopardy only needs to be activated if you are in Clinic or “on-call” on Floors (Long-call), ICU/CCU, or Night Float, AND you cannot arrange an emergent day off with your team. Pre-call is not jeopardy eligible. Interviews are not jeopardy eligible.
- Make sure you are reachable by pager or phone on your jeopardy day.
- Mark your jeopardy on-deck AM and PM shifts on your calendar
- You must be able to come to the hospital within one hour of being called.
- Please notify either the JCMR or CMR as early as possible if you need to activate jeopardy. Activating jeopardy after your shift has already started is not professional.
- Make sure you have VA hospital access. Renew access Q-clinic week.
- No special requests for jeopardy coverage. Please find and email a switch if you have a personal conflict as per above
- AM shift: 7 AM-8 PM; PM shift: 8 PM*-end of rounds next day (if *MICU or CCU PM shift starts at 6PM)
- All jeopardy coverage requires payback. No exceptions.
- Please remember to call not just text/email the Junior CMR who emailed the Jeopardy schedule for that block or the CMR at your clinic/hospital site to activate jeopardy. Jeopardy is not activated without confirmation from one of us.
Please see below for contact info for JCMR and CMRs.
Junior CMR Contact info:
Nabil Al-Kourainy 619-742-2066
CMR Contact info:
Sahrish Ilyas (DRH) 917-803-2558
Malini Surapaneni (HUH) 724-877-5759
Ahmad Abu-Heja (VA) 202-288-8135
Leslie Kao (Ambulatory) 617-335-5948