Please evaluate the need for telemetry on a daily basis and d/c when no longer needed. Indications include (but not limited to):
- Suspected myocardial ischemia: discontinue after 24 hours if no positive troponin
- Syncope suspected to be of cardiac etiology: : discontinue after 24 hours if no event after 24 hours.
- Drug overdose due to an agent with potential cardiac toxicity.
- Atrial Fibrillation (new onset or RVR); : discontinue after 24 hours if rate controlled.
- Hyperkalemia (K >6.0); discontinue telemetry when K <6.0.
- CHF patients with either 1) recent chest pain, or 2) syncope, or 3) ICD firing, or 4) serious atrial or ventricular arrhythmias, or 5) serious electrolyte abnormalities
- Non lacunar CVA with any ECG abnormality new or old; any TIA requiring admission; discontinue telemetry if no event for 24 hours