Homepage Forums Social Determinants: Green Cohort Forum (FB2) The Heart and Stomach of a King by Carole Levin | 9780812215335

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Alma Thomson

The Heart and Stomach of a King
      Elizabeth I and the Politics of Sex and Power

by Carole Levin

? The Heart and Stomach of a King – Click Here ?

• Author: Carole Levin
      • Language: english
      • Genres: history, biography, school, gender
      • Publisher: University of Pennsylvania Press
      • Release date: June 1, 1994
      • ISBN: 9780812215335 (0812215338)
      • Format: paperback, 256 pages

About The Book

Chosen as one of the ten best academic books of the 1990s by Lingua Franca readers

“I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king.” — Elizabeth I

Whether this sentence is an accurate transcription of Elizabeth’s speech at Tilbury in 1588, it does characterize some of the struggles, contradictions, and cultural anxieties that dominated the collective consciousness of England during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. In The Heart and Stomach of a King, Carole Levin explores contemporary representations of the unmarried, childless Elizabeth and focuses on the ways in which members of her court, foreign ambassadors, and a motley — and sometimes delusional — collection of subjects responded to her. Throughout, Levin’s purpose is to explore how gender constructions, role expectations, and beliefs about sexuality influenced both Elizabeth’s self-presentation and others’ perceptions of her as a female, and Protestant, ruler.

FB2 The Heart and Stomach of a King download for PocketBook on Kobo. MP3 ebook The Heart and Stomach of a King Carole Levin buy cheap. MOBI book The Heart and Stomach of a King on reader. Hardback The Heart and Stomach of a King by Carole Levin read on Dymocks.

Online ebook The Heart and Stomach of a King. FictionBook book The Heart and Stomach of a King by Carole Levin download Android on Books-a-Million. EPUB The Heart and Stomach of a King Carole Levin read online on Booktopia. TXT ebook The Heart and Stomach of a King buy on Kindle.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: (FB2) The Heart and Stomach of a King by Carole Levin | 9780812215335
Your information: