Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Adel Elmoghrabi

This weeks friday reflection entails 1 of the environmental social determinants of health affecting our patient population as we are traversing a spell of difficult mid winter weather, and many of your patients have not shown up to their scheduled appointments. After clinic 1 day this week I was driving back home and saw an elderly gentleman walking on the street with his walker given that the pavement was all covered in sleet. This did bring the transportation issue that many of our patient’s face in order to seek medical care a whole new perspective particularly after recently completing a module on healthcare disparities. Once again this does shine light on many blessings that we have and take for granted including the ability to easily commute in the comfort of your own private/warm transportation.

• #31158 Reply
      Carli Denholm

One of the parts of our discussions this week was the point that we should be asking our patients about their safety at home and in their relationships more. This is something I learned to ask about in medical school but has fallen by the wayside recently in favor of other more medical questions. But, it is something that needs to be thought about more. This point was driven home even more by the human trafficking module through the Wayne County Medical Society. Many of the patients we treat are vulnerable because of their lack of support and resources. They can easily be taken advantage of by traffickers or other abusers who offer them things that they might not otherwise have access to. I certainly would not want to miss the opportunity to help a patient escape an abusive situation and I thought about this this week as I saw patients. And, I made a conscious effort to ask more patients about their home lives and relationships.

• #31159 Reply
      ABDELRAHMAN M AHMED

Mental health is an crucial factor to be considered when managing patients. Its interplay and effect on the overall health of patients should be emphasized. This includes conditions like depression , bipolar but also substance use.

• #31160 Reply
      Mowyad Khalid

Environemnet overlaps with mental health. As depression worsens by financial and home situation. Asking about home condition is important including safety, medications , and transportation.

• #31161 Reply
      Pranav Shah

Behavior is a vital component to a persons health that I have been overlooking. Although we have been trying to change our language from “compliant” to adherent, the impact that behavioral practices play on a patients health needs to be addressed. I think there are many different behavioral types that influence mental health. For example: apathetic, ignorant, denial, uneducated, paranoid, distrust to give a few. Over this past week I have been trying to assess which behavioral type is responsible for certain health negligence. Although for the most part I found that people believe and live a certain way and are rigid to change, but I guess figuring out a way to change behavior would clearly impact health in a more positive way than some of the “educational” strategies we are currently; or maybe education is the only way to change behavior. I’m actually not entirely sure.

• #31169 Reply
      Ahmad Abu-Heija

Shedding light on the spectrum of the psychosocial and behavioral determinants of health that our patients can potentially suffer from is definitely enlightening. We emphasize in our daily clinical practice on the adherence to medications and follow up appointments, without realizing that without an adequate social support system, our interventions can prove fruitless. I believe we, as physicians, should be able to listen more and talk less. We should listen to what our patients might be telling us through their “non-adherence” and carefully understand the reasons behind such behaviors. In listening, we can potentially circumvent some of these displayed behaviors and eventually better the health of those we aim to serve.

• #31171 Reply
      Antonio Smith

As I completed CCR tasks such as wheel chair forms etc. I thought about whether I understand enough about my patients functional status and how well they perform or function in society. I can put my patients on guideline directed therapies and have the most accurate diagnoses for each of my patients. However, if Im not doing my due diligence to address their functional status, I’m truly missing the mark. I hope that during my next block I address the functional status of each of my patients.

• #102184 Reply
      custom assignment

Could you be eating fresh amd healthy you would stay fit. https://www.helpwithdissertation.co.uk/research-topics/feminist-research-topics/
      has helped me so much while I try to do my dissertations on time.

• #114815 Reply
      cewodal660

I do agree with all the ideas you’ve introduced to your post. They are really convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for newbies. May just you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post. Click Here

• #132565 Reply
      Pay Someone To Do My English Homework

Hey everyone, just doing a little Friday reflection here. Isn’t it amazing how music on FM radio can be the perfect soundtrack to these moments? Whether it’s unwinding after a hectic week or cruising into the weekend vibes, those tunes just hit differently. No matter where you are or what you’re up to, there’s this universal magic when your favourite song comes on. Share the musical love! 🎶 #FridayReflection #MusicMagic

• #137217 Reply
      Rosa lewis

I’ve just finished another rigorous week of novel writing, and I’m exhausted and ecstatic. It’s interesting how engaging in the creative process can be both stressful and rewarding. Friday reflections are becoming an important part of my routine because they allow me to stand back and appreciate the progress I’ve made over the week. As we all know, novel writing is an emotional rollercoaster, but these moments of reflection keep me grounded and driven.

Visit Our Website: https://ghostbookservices.com/novel-writing/

• #157795 Reply
      Zara

Take a moment to reflect on your career aspirations and achievements with [url=https://cvmakerdubai.ae/]CV Writing Dubai[/url]. As the week comes to a close, consider how you can leverage our professional services to propel your career forward. Whether you’re seeking a new job opportunity or aiming to advance in your current role, our expert team is here to craft a standout CV that highlights your skills and experiences effectively.

• #157797 Reply
      Zara

Take a moment to reflect on your career aspirations and achievements with CV Writing Dubai. As the week comes to a close, consider how you can leverage our professional services to propel your career forward. Whether you’re seeking a new job opportunity or aiming to advance in your current role, our expert team is here to craft a standout CV that highlights your skills and experiences effectively.

Viewing 12 reply threads
Reply To: Friday reflection
Your information: