Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Adel Elmoghrabi

Reflecting on this week’s topic of homelessness and its impact on mental health has made me think deeply on how much we take things we have for granted. Having a roof over my head and a safe haven which is warm during the cold winter months and nice and cool during our hot summers with all the facilities that one could need is a tremendous blessing. Although i did not meet with an patients who were homeless this week, i have gotten into the habit to inquire about my patients home settings to better understand their living conditions which may predispose to heightening the risk of mental illness or increasing vulnerability to complications in those with pre existing disease processes. During our reflection this week we learnt of nearby resources that we can help our patients access for example within my team i was responsible for searching for food pantry’s within close proximity to the location of our clinic which we can offer to patients we serve that may not have access to food at all times.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Friday reflection
Your information: