Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      walid m ibrahim

What does homelessness mean to me?
      Homelessness is a state of detachment; it may go beyond the fact of not having a place to say. It affects all aspect of life, compromises productivity, education, and health.
      Homelessness is a chronic disease, should be eradicated and a source of community and resources drain in the long run.

Using the biopsychosocial model I learned about last clinic week, how can I better serve my homeless patients?
      Understand homelessness and it effect, will open more doors and resources to help and explore the needs of this population.
      It will also help extending the care to more than the active health issues to prevention and wellbeing.

How can I and my program better collaborate with the homeless community agencies I learned about? (name them).
      Educating health care workers about different available resources for homeless, and multidisciplinary approach in care, involving health care social workers and charity will have a considerable effect in their over all outcome.

• Public Service Announcements for the National Runaway Safeline
      These television public service announcements (PSAs) share a message from formerly homeless youth that “help is available.” The PSAs, available in both 30-second and 60-second formats, feature four young people served by grantees of the Runaway and Homeless Youth Program. The PSAs provide information for other youth in similar situations to contact the National Runaway Safeline; help is available 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or via email or live chat.
      • Homelessness Resource Center
      SAMHSA’s Homeless Resource Center (HRC) is an interactive learning community dedicated to disseminating knowledge and best practices to help prevent and end homelessness, and to increase access to and improve delivery of behavioral health services. The learning community includes providers, consumers, policymakers, researchers, and public agencies at federal, State, and local levels. The HRC website is part of the Homeless Resource Network (HRN), a collaboration to share a common digital library of over 9,000 resources related to homelessness and behavioral health. It provides access to several multimedia tools, including training videos; online learning modules; and archived webcasts.
      • National Runaway Safeline
      The mission of the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) is to help keep America’s runaway, homeless and at-risk youth safe and off the streets. NRS provides education and solution-focused interventions, offers non-sectarian, non-judgmental support, respects confidentiality, collaborates with volunteers, and responds to at-risk youth and their families 24 hours a day through phone, email, and live chat.
      • Locate a Runaway and Homeless Youth Program
      Locate the nearest Family and Youth Services Bureau-funded emergency shelter, transitional living program or street outreach program for runaway or homeless youth.
      • Locate a Health Center
      Locate the nearest Community Health Center, including Health Care for the Homeless Programs.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: homelessness
Your information: