Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wissam

“What does homelessness mean to me?”
      Lack of safety and a safe place to stay at.

“Using the biopsychosocial model I learned about last clinic week, how can I better serve my homeless patients?”
      – Need to obtain more social history, and ask about living situation, to identify homeless patients
      – Consider/screen for mental illnesses in homeless patients
      – Utilize available resources

“How can I and my program better collaborate with the homeless community agencies I learned about? (name them).”
      – Invite such agencies to talk to residents about their structure and the services they provide
      – Arrange for volunteering activities by residents in those agencies

• #29357 Reply
      Ammara

“What does homelessness mean to me?”
      Lack of shelter and identity.

“Using the biopsychosocial model I learned about last clinic week, how can I better serve my homeless patients?”
      Look at a patient holistically i.e. try to determine whether their issues are behavioural due to environment or if there truly is an underlyign organic dysfunction.

“How can I and my program better collaborate with the homeless community agencies I learned about? (name them).”

Cass Community Social Services – I can inform my patients of the agencies available and direct them to their events, which the Cass Community Social Services regularly holds.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Homelessness
Your information: