Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      MUHAMMAD ADIL SHEIKH

Making the relationship
      Establishing a trusting relationship with patients can make a great difference in their health. I had a 60 yr old lady admitted to hospital with DKA, first dx of DM. After taking care of her in the hospital I became her PCP. She was initially distrusting of physicians, always coming with her daughter for the visit, initially reluctant to start insulin treatment of DM. SHe did howver adherne and also becaming more trusting, not needed her daughter for every visit. Also took advise to get the flu shot on the third visit. Now her DM is well under control, with HbA1c going from 14 to 5.6 in 5 months! đŸ™‚

• #29145 Reply
      Dr. Nnodim

Congratulations on helping to successfully control your patient’s diabetes! I am curious, what approach for you reply to gain her trust and subsequently translate that relationship into a positive health outcome for her? What specific tips can you share with your colleagues who may be struggling to establish a trusting relationship with their patients, based on this experience of yours?

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: SDH
Your information: